PyINI : Cross-Platform INI parser

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Fri Feb 11 08:01:41 EST 2005

SeSe schrieb:
> I started a opensource project PyINI for corss-platform *.ini parsing at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyini/
>
> I have released a simple alpha version, which can read *.ini, with some
> extended features such as "key=value1,value2,value3". I also made a
> c++ binding to PyINI with elmer toolkit.

I suggest that you have a look at Tim Daneliuk's tconfpy serving a
similar purpose. Perhaps you can join forces.

I'd like to see a configuration tool that for Python programmers
is as easy as config.py, i.e. you you have config object and can
write/read it to/from some storage, e.g.

- .ini files
- Java config files
- xml files
- LDAP server
- win32 registry
- ...

It would be nice to make this not a Python only thing but accessible
by other languages like Perl, Ruby, Java, C/C++ ...

I think that a new config utility is worth the effort if it has the
potential to put an end to roll-your-own config formats and parsers.