[Fwd: Re: [Uuu-devel] languages] <-- Why Python

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Mon Feb 21 03:28:25 EST 2005

    Mike> I've actually done some work on using CORBA as a COM for
    Mike> Unix (or, as I think of it, an ARexx for Unix). After being
    Mike> exposed to Plan 9, I've decided that's a better
    Mike> solution. CORBA has the advantage that you can work on it
    Mike> without getting buy-in from kernel vendors.

The problem w/ CORBA is the alleged lack of speed. ISTR there was lots
of controversy w/ the way Gnome used CORBA (Bonobo) and how it was too
slow for Desktop apps. I don't know what the current status is - CORBA
has always seemed more than fast enough for me.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb