ANN: Frog 1.3 released (python 'blog' application)

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 15:45:58 EST 2005

Jorey Bump wrote:
> Irmen de Jong <irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl> wrote in news:41fcf53b
> $0$28986$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl:
>

>>I've just uploaded the Frog 1.3 release.
>>
>>Frog is a blog (web log) system written in 100% Python.
>>It is a web application written for Snakelets.
>>It outputs XHTML, is fully unicode compatible, small,
>>and doesn't require a database.
>>
>>Frog 1.3 uses the same storage format as 1.2 so no conversion
>>is required. If you encounter bugs or problems, or want to give
>>some feedback, please let me know.
>

> Very nice. I downloaded the complete version and ran it within Cygwin
> without any problems, except that the simple file browser is not included.
> The Files link returns a 404 error.

Ah yes. I simply forgot to include it, sorry about that.

> Are there any plans to include a per user file manager? This would allow
> file management for a large user base, where ftp uploads would be
> impractical and unsafe.

I've added a 'filemgr' package to the files section; you can
get the file manager separately from there.
Or re-download the Frog-complete package (I've replaced it
with a version where the file manager is included).

Read the README file first.

Please let me know what you think of Frog and the FileMgr.

--Irmen de Jong.