IPython colors in windows

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Fri Feb 4 09:51:33 EST 2005

Hi,

I have watched this thread hoping to get an
hint on my problem, but it seems I didn't.

My problem is, that the background of part of
the error messages is always black
(e.g. after typing In [1]: sdfsdf)
and my monitor failes to show the red, green
texts on black background clearly enough
to see it (I can read it after selection, which
inverts the colors).
I have tried to play with PyColorize.py,
LightBGColors = ColorScheme(
    'LightBG',{
    token.NUMBER     : Colors.Cyan,
    token.OP         : Colors.Blue,
    token.STRING     : Colors.Blue,
    tokenize.COMMENT : Colors.Red,
    token.NAME       : Colors.White, # Colors.Black,
    token.ERRORTOKEN : Colors.Red,

    _KEYWORD         : Colors.Green,
    _TEXT            : Colors.Blue,

    'normal'         : Colors.White # Colors.Normal  # color off (usu.
Colors.Normal)
    }
but without success.
How can I get rid of the black background
"---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"
"exceptions.NameError"                                 Traceback (most
recent call last)
in with quotation marks marked areas?
Where is the color of the background of this
areas defined?
The color scheme seems to handle only the
text colors, not the background.

Claudio

news:opsln54fpwej1m1c at ashot...