[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sun Feb 20 11:20:33 EST 2005

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
>> Should I take answers serious?
>
> If not, why are you asking questions in the first place?

simply read the next question, which limits the scope of the first one.

>> Answer from people which do not respect coherence of writings?
>
> Coherence of writings?

An example:

they above 2 questions are coherent, thus answering isolated [as you've
done] makes not much sense.

"
 >> Should I take answers serious?
 >> Answer from people which do not respect coherence of writings?
"

[answering here makes sense]

>> Should a professional developer take python serious?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I mean, if the team does not manage at least the foundation of a
>> multi-target automated-build-process?
>
> If the team *would* not manage at least the foundation of a
> multi-target automated-build-process, a professional developer
> *should* not take python serious.

Very nice.

At this point, we agree very much.

> However, since the team *does* manage at least the foundation of
> a multi-target automated-build-process, a professional developer
> *might* take python serious.

here our disagreement:

=> {"managing the foundation of a multi-target automated-build-process"}

What are the requirements for fulfilling this?

> [a false premise can imply anything]

again you ignore coherent writings.

-

You have omitted the following part of my writings:

"[targets need not to be supported directly by the python team. They
could be added/managed/maintained by community members]"

in which I essentially define a few requirements for "managing the
foundation of a multi-target automated-build-process".

-

The python team should provide the fundamental infrastructure for the
community, thus it can add/manage/maintain build targets.

Additionally:
   * The python-team should detect any efforts made for different
build-targets
   * The python-team should attract/engourage the authors to include
them in the main build-system [incubation section].

The python-community and the PSF supports the python-team to take the
above actions.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com