exporting mesh from image data

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:46:42 EST 2005

    Fernando> I hope you posted this on the VTK list with a CC to
    Fernando> Prabhu as well...  The hopes of a positive reply there
    Fernando> are, I suspect, a fair bit higher.  The scipy list would
    Fernando> be a good idea, too.

Hey Fernando,

I did get some help from Prabu off list.  The suggestion was to use a
vtkDelaunay3D to mesh the isosurface points into a volume, which
returns an unstructured grid, and then iterate over this structure to
get the volume, face, vertex and connectivity information out.  I've
implemented this and we're in the process of testing it with some
simple geometries.  If/when I get something tested and working, I'll
post it.

Thanks for the links,
JDH