Help needed for to build a CGI shell interface.

Slalomsk8er news at slalomsk8er.ch
Thu Feb 17 12:20:09 EST 2005

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Slalomsk8er wrote:
>

>>I don't get it with the popen (popen3 or subprocess).
>>
>>1. How do I establish my pipes?
>>
>>2. And how do I interact with the pipes (interactive CGI-page)?
>

> There are plenty of python + http frameworks out there - from simple
> cgi-like ones like mod_python to full fledged app servers like zope. As
> usual, google is your friend. No need to dig into the things you mentioned
> above - at least not for what you want to do right now.
What do I want to do? I am building an admintool (deamon and client) and
for this I need to script a interface to the shell, with the console
ansi escape sequences, whitch is fully transparent for the user.

I do not want Zope or Plone. I want Python and XUL.

Google is my friend but I did not found the answers I need to understand
the concepts behind the parts (python internals and shell/terminal things).

Please point me to the info, I can not find it (tryed for some days) or
post code so I can reverse engenieer ;) and adapt it.

Thanks, Dominik