Commerical graphing packages?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Feb 12 08:40:49 EST 2005

18k11tm001 at sneakemail.com writes:

> Check out GRACE. It's not specifically designed for Python, but I've
> been using with Python for a couple of years or more. I'm very happy
> with it, and it's free. It works both interactively and in batch mode.
> Do a google on GRACE.

If you're generating lots of graphs programatically, eg. on a web
server, grace is not what you want.  Yes, it has a command language,
but IIRC it depends on X11, and windows even pop up as it runs in
batch mode.  Bleh.

Gets the job done for interactive editing of publication-quality
scientific graphs, though.

John