[perl-python] string pattern matching

Dan Perl danperl at rogers.com
Tue Feb 1 18:59:18 EST 2005

Perhaps someone will write a program to automatically follow up on every
[perl-python] posting?  The follow-up could just contain a statement like
the one Daniel mentions.  Obviously the program would be written in python.
;-)

Any suggestions on how to implement such a program?  How would it detect a
new posting?  How would it send the follow-up?

Anyway, I agree with Daniel and I think that would not only warn newcomers
to the group, but it would also allow many of us to move on without worrying
about the effect that the perl-python postings may have on these newcomers.

BTW, I think Daniel's suggestion for the statement sounds pretty fair and
pretty impartial.  Maybe it should just not use terms like "blatant".  And I
would include something like "we support everyone's freedom to post to this
newsgroup but we feel that python and perl beginners need to be warned about
the quality of these tutorials".

Dan

news:mailman.1716.1107300060.22381.python-list at python.org...