Help: retrieving e-mail from yahoo pop server. what's wrong?

Andre zerdna1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 19:28:50 EST 2005

Thank, Kartic

I actually tried doing it with several other accounts, notably mail.com and
netscape.com
When i do it with netscape the dialog goes like the following:

>>> POPHOST = 'pop3.isp.netscape.com'
>>> pop = poplib.POP3(POPHOST)
>>> POPUSER = "myusername"
>>> pop.user(POPUSER)
'+OK'
>>> pop.pass_("mypassword")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#5>", line 1, in ?
    pop.pass_("123456")
  File "D:\Python24\lib\poplib.py", line 202, in pass_
    return self._shortcmd('PASS %s' % pswd)
  File "D:\Python24\lib\poplib.py", line 165, in _shortcmd
    return self._getresp()
  File "D:\Python24\lib\poplib.py", line 141, in _getresp
    raise error_proto(resp)
error_proto: -ERR invalid username or password

The username and password are naturally valid, but something else is wrong.
Do you know if Netscape also doesn't allow POP access? Is there a free
e-mail provider who does?
Thanks a mil,

Andre

news:1107983472.417329.292750 at l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...