xhtml-print parser

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Sun Feb 27 17:45:36 EST 2005

Steve Holden wrote:

> I have no problem with that. Indeed I am often surprised that questions
> that I regard as too incoherent to be understood are frequently not only
> understood but also answered with patience and fortitude.

I am too.

> Given that you couldn't spare the time to try to intuit the purpose of
> the question, I was surprised you took the time to complain about its
> incoherence. It's usually (IMHO) much more productive to ignore c.l.py
> questions I don't have time for, and it's certainly more polite.

I usually ignore the questions I find incoherent myself, and like you I
am surprised when they can be answered. But the ones that I can't
imagine being answered by those with even the greatest intuition and
patience? I figure some response is better than none, and that's what
this question would have gotten otherwise.

> If more of us had ignored Iliardis Lazarus, or whatever his name was,
> he'd have gone away a lot quicker :-)

I only responded a couple of times before I killfiled the thread, which
is what I should have done to start with. But I don't think it should
have passed without comment (not necessarily from me).
--
Michael Hoffman