[ANN] Python 2.4 Quick Reference available

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Feb 20 13:43:24 EST 2005

[Michael Hoffman]

> To be honest I doubt open will be extended in this manner.

I did not read Guido's arguments for a while, so I may remember them
wrongly.  So, take me with a grain of salt.  I would not think Guido is
arguing for the sole sake of arguing.  Maybe his plans or visions will
change, but until such changes are announced, I've no reason to doubt
them :-). All in all, `file' is now probably to be considered safer than
`open', despite Guido advises to prefer `open'.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca