lambda closure question

Ted Lilley ted.lilley at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:26:46 EST 2005

I replied a few minutes ago thanking everyone for their pointers.  Very
interesting reading.  I don't see my post yet, so I do hope it comes
through.  I'm using a new newsreading service and don't yet have
confidence in it.

In any case, the addition of the default-setting argument in the lambda
works famously and is only a slight modification to my code.  While I
don't think it's particularly intuitive (I would hate to be a
hypothetical programmer trying to puzzle out what my code does), it
gets the job done and is a heck of a lot easier than attaching the list
of attributes manually as I would've done without Python's FP
capabilities.

Thanks again,

Ted