[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 16:07:59 EST 2005

In message <cuqta4$4c1$2 at usenet.otenet.gr>, Ilias Lazaridis
<ilias at lazaridis.com> writes
>I like to synchronize any efforts with the existing ones.

I assume the reason for doing that would be to avoid duplicating effort?
If that is the case why do you want lots of people all to answer your
questionnaire. Thats a huge duplication of effort.

A much more effective use of effort would be for you to do the research
and when you are done to ask people to comment on the *results* of the
research, not the questions.

This accomplishes several things:
o Reduction in duplication of effort.
o Demonstrates to everyone else that you are prepared to do some work
before asking questions.
o When you find that the response is much more welcoming than you have
had so far you will have learnt that you need to put some effort in to
get some reward out (which is what most of us have been trying to tell
you).

Of course, based on your behaviour here (and currently in comp.lang.ruby
where you are spinning a nice yarn in not bothering to read up on the
answers people give you, even when their answers are detailed), I have
not much hope of you taking the above approach.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk