Weekly Python Patch/Bug Summary

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Feb 4 17:04:27 EST 2005

"David Fraser" <davidf at sjsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ctvo2s$lio$1 at ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
>> Patch / Bug Summary
>> ___________________
>>
>> Patches :  284 open ( +4) /  2748 closed ( +1) /  3032 total ( +5)
>> Bugs    :  804 open ( +1) /  4812 closed (+13) /  5616 total (+14)
>> RFE     :  167 open ( +0) /   142 closed ( +1) /   309 total ( +1)
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to include the status of the closed bugs
> ... if a patch has been refused thats very different to it being
> included. I usually end up opening the page to see what has happened,
> would be nice if it was in the mail...

I agree that this would be nice.  However, if Kurt's summaries are derived
from SF's summary lists, and not from individual tracker items, then doing
so would require revision of the report script to essentially do the same
thing you do -- open the item and scrap off the resolution field.  Easily
done, I think, but more that 5 minutes of work.

Since these postings are copies of reports that used to only be posted in
py-dev, Kurt may not see reponses here unless emailed to him directly or
perhaps posted to py-dev.

Terry J. Reedy