PythonWin and PyWin32

M.E.Farmer mefjr75 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 02:36:39 EST 2005

Chris Lott wrote:
>More to the point, do I need to worry
>about this as I am learning about Python, since Idle and the Windows
>Installer seem to work fine on my XP box?
Relax this is Python :)
Not sure why you would worry at all about any IDE.
Especially when they your current IDE works fine.
To answer the other question PythonWin is written by Mark Hammond (
PyWin32 ) .
It contains a lot of really cool Python/Windows enhancements and has a
makepy utiity so you can wrap activex X controls with Python and use at
will from your windows machine.
Idle was written by GvR so it comes with Python.
hth ,
M.E.Farmer