low-end persistence strategies?

Chris Cioffi evenprimes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:10:26 EST 2005

I'd like to second this one...ZODB is *extremely* easy to use.  I use
it in projects with anything from a couple dozen simple objects all
the way up to a moderately complex system with several hundred
thousand stored custom objects.  (I would use it for very complex
systems as well, but I'm not working on any right now...)

There are a few quirks to using ZODB, and the documentation sometimes
feel lite, but mostly that's b/c ZODB is so easy to use.

Chris

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:11:46 +0100, Diez B. Roggisch <deetsNOSPAM at web.de> wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:
>
> > "Diez B. Roggisch" <deetsNOSPAM at web.de> writes:
> >> Maybe ZODB helps.
> >
> > I think it's way too heavyweight for what I'm envisioning, but I
> > haven't used it yet.  I'm less concerned about object persistence
> > (just saving strings is good enough) than finding the simplest
> > possible approach to dealing with concurrent update attempts.
>
> And that's exactly where zodb comes into play. It has full ACID support.
> Opening a zodb is a matter of three lines of code - not to be compared to
> rdbms'ses. And apart from some standard subclassing, you don't have to do
> anything to make your objects persistable. Just check the tutorial.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Diez B. Roggisch
> --

"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take
seriously." -- Peter Ustinov