pyclbr

Dennis Benzinger Dennis.Benzinger at gmx.net
Thu Feb 10 12:19:46 EST 2005

Fernando San Martín Woerner wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> i'm using pycblr to implement a class browser for my app, i got some
> issues about it:
>
> i did:
>
> dict = pyclbr.readmodule(name, [dir] + sys.path)

Don't use dict (or the name of any other built-in function)
as an identifier! It shadows the built-in function and can be quite
confusing for others reading your code.

It's sufficient to give only [dir] as the second parameter.
sys.path is always searched.
(http://docs.python.org/lib/module-pyclbr.html)

> but  this only works one time, i mean if module "name" is changed and
> some class were added or removed i can't see any changes even if i
> execute readmodule again.
>
> any idea?, thanks in advance

pyclbr caches modules it has already read. I think there is no method
for clearing that cache, so you have to

reload(pyclbr)

in order to see your changes.

Bye,