Unit Testing in Python

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 10 23:09:16 EST 2005

rhat said unto the world upon 2005-02-10 21:10:
> Hi Everyone,
> I've recently been reading some articles about unit-testing in Python
> [1] [2], but I am a bit confused: where do I go to get started with
> this? I tried googling for "unittest" but all I've found are some old
> links to projects that already use it, and the older (as the articles
> put it) PyUnit project. I'm sorry if this is a obvious question or one
> that has already been answered, but unit-testing sounds interesting and
> I'm not sure where to start.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan Kaulakis

Hi,

I've just started learning about testing and TDD, but I found the
following recent articles and blog posts useful:

<http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-1-unittest.html>
<http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-2-doctest.html>
<http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-3-pytest-tool.html>
<http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/5463>
<http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/5584>

(Your footnotes didn't come through, so these might not be new to you.)

Best,

Brian vdB