Printing Filenames with non-Ascii-Characters

aurora aurora00 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:28:01 EST 2005

>  > print d.encode('cp437')
>
> So I would have to specify the encoding on every call to print? I am
> sure to
> forget and I don't like the program dying, in my case garbled output
> would be
> much more acceptable.

Marian I'm with you. You never known you have put enough encode in all the
right places and there is no static type checking to help you. So that
short answer is to set a different default in sitecustomize.py. I'm trying
to writeup something about unicode in Python, once I understand what's
going on inside...