A great Alan Kay quote

Francis Girard francis.girard at free.fr
Sun Feb 13 12:48:03 EST 2005

Le vendredi 11 Février 2005 21:45, Curt a écrit :
> On 2005-02-10, Francis Girard <francis.girard at free.fr> wrote:
> > I think I've been enthouasistic too fast. While reading the article I
> > grew more and more uncomfortable with sayings like :
>
> <snip>
>
> Yes, you may have grown uncomfortable because what you "read" has, at best,
> only the most tenuous of relations with what was written.  There is no way
> in God's frigid hell that your "sayings" (which were never uttered by Alan
> Kay) can be construed as anything other than a hopefully transient
> psychotic episode by anyone who read the interview with his head in a place
> other than where the moon doesn't shine.
>
> Please be so kind as to free your own from the breathless confines of your
> own fundamental delirium.

Wow ! Peace. I apologize. Didn't want to upset anyone. Of course it was my own
ad lib interpretation of what Alan Kay said. That's what I meant by
"sayings". But I should had been clearer. Anyway, it only implies myself.

I live at a place where it rains most of the time and my head is indeed in a
place where the moon doesn't shine, which may give a good explanation of my
own fundamental delirium.

For another fundamental delirium (which I certainly enjoy), see :

Steve Wart about "why Smalltalk never caught on":

http://hoho.dyndns.org/~holger/smalltalk.html

as someone named "Petite abeille" (a name I also certainly do find full of
flavour) suggested me.

My deepest apologies,

Francis Girard