Stable GUI + wxPython memory leak

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Feb 17 08:55:10 EST 2005

Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Viktor wrote:
>> I just noticed that wxPython is leaking memory?! Playing with
>> wxPython-demo, I started with 19MB used, and ended whith almost 150MB
>> used?!
>> It's wxPython 2.5.3.1 running on Python 2.4.
>On which platform?
>
>And how are you measuring this apparent memory consumption?

And what are you doing to the demo to provoke it? (I've had a
wxPython application significantly increase its memory footprint
on Windows just from opening a file dialog.)

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"