Attaching to a Python Interpreter a la Tcl

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Wed Feb 23 08:43:47 EST 2005

>>>>> "fuzzyman" == Fuzzyman  <fuzzyman at gmail.com> writes:

    fuzzyman> Do you mean making the interpreter available from within
    fuzzyman> a Python app ?  There are various ways of doing that -
    fuzzyman> you can see the SPE editor which uses pycrust as one
    fuzzyman> example. http://spe.pycs.net

I believe he means embedding he interpreter in his app, then accessing
the interpreter from another process - so you could change and view
global vars of the running process from the interpreter, for
example. This basically means redirecting i/o of the interpreter to a
socket to which you connect via, say, telnet. There are libs that do
such a thing, I even remember trying one out myself, but I couldn't
find it quickly enough from google.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb