RESOLVED broke IDLE while defining a key-binding scheme

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 7 12:11:50 EST 2005

Brian van den Broek said unto the world upon 2005-02-04 22:21:
> Hi all,
>
> IDLE refuses to launch, and I believe it is because I attempted to
> define a custom key-binding that it doesn't like.

<SNIP>

> shortcuts, etc.) by clicking on it. Nothing. Ran idle.py instead
 > <of idle.pyw>. The DOS-console this brings up displays:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
<SNIP>
>   File "C:\PYTHON24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1299, in event_add
>     self.tk.call(args)
> _tkinter.TclError: bad event type or keysym "tab"
>  >>>
<SNIP>

For future googler's and to stave off any unnecessary replies, on a
different thread about IDLE problems <http://tinyurl.com/4bl45> Peter
Otten posted the information that allowed me to resolve this. (It was
a matter of finding the custom key-binding that I'd defined which made
IDLE choke and removing it.)

So, thanks Peter!

Best to all,

Brian vdB