Trouble with mysql-python 1.2.0 on Solaris 8 sparc

Alec Wysoker alecw at pobox.com
Thu Feb 24 15:20:59 EST 2005

Do you mean the python glue code?  I am having this problem when python is not in the picture at all, just running mysql command-line client.  Presumably my client is 4.1.10, as it came in a built package along with the 4.1.10 server.  In fact, the following seems to indicate that it is the right version:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql --version
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.10, for sun-solaris2.8 (sparc)