executing VBScript from Python and vice versa

Paul Paterson paulpaterson at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 4 19:52:46 EST 2005

Valentina Boycheva wrote:
> Is there a way to make programs written in these two languages communicate
> with each other? I am pretty sure that VBScript can access a Python script
> because Python is COM compliant. On the other hand, Python might be able to
> call a VBScript through WSH. Can somebody provide a simple example? I have
> exactly 4 days of experience in Python (and fortunately, much more in VB6)
>
> Thanks.

This should help for Python accessing VBScript,

 >>> import win32com.client
 >>> vbhost = win32com.client.Dispatch("ScriptControl")
 >>> vbhost.language = "vbscript"
 >>> vbhost.addcode("Function two(x)\ntwo=2*x\nEnd Function\n")
 >>> vbhost.eval("two(2)")
4

Alternatively you could try to convert your VBScript to Python.

http://vb2py.sourceforge.net/demo.htm

Regards,

Paul