MYSQL - how to install ?

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:58:09 EST 2005

For those of you who care, the latest stable version of MySQLdb is
1.2.0. Currently there is not a WIndows installer, however.  I do not
have the toolchain to build it, either; I depend on people to donate
installers.  If you have Python from the python.org packages and MySQL
from the mysql.com packages on Windows, and you have the necessary
compiler to build MySQLdb, please consider running:

python setup.py bdist_wininst

to build an installer and letting me know via the SourceForge contact
page:

https://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=71372

I'm sure you'll make some poor Windows users very happy. I'll accept
packages for any combination of MySQLdb-{1.0.1,1.2.0}, MySQL-{4.0,4.1},
Python-{2.1,2.2,2.3,2,4} (though I think Python<2.3 is a bit moldy, and
it not guaranteed to work with MySQLdb-1.2.0). Please remember, your
package must work with the standard packages.