Unable to run IDLE Under Windows

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 7 12:10:28 EST 2005

Peter Otten said unto the world upon 2005-02-07 09:14:
> Jonathan Polley wrote:
>

>>I have one account on a WindowsXP machine that refuses to run IDLE (or
>>any other python script that uses Tk).  Other people can login to that
>>PC and IDLE runs just fine, so it is not an installation issue.  When
>>the person who has the problem logs into another PC the problem follows
>>them.  Any ideas as to what might me wrong?
>

> Perhaps your configuration files contain bad data:
>
> """
> # IDLE reads several config files to determine user preferences.  This
> # file is the default config file for general idle settings.

<SNIP details of config filenames and purposes>

> Peter

Thanks for posting that, Peter. It helped me work out my problem that
I posted about a few days back <http://tinyurl.com/3s7gn>.

Could I ask where did you get the content from? I've searched my HDD
for some of the contained phrases with the Windows tools I have at my
disposal, but didn't manage to find the text you posted. (If I'd been
able to find it, I'd have been able to solve my problem days ago.)

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB