A great Alan Kay quote

Francis Girard francis.girard at free.fr
Wed Feb 9 15:23:06 EST 2005

"""
Today he is Senior Fellow at Hewlett-Packard Labs and president of Viewpoints
Research Institute, a nonprofit organization whose goal is to change how
children are educated by creating a sample curriculum with supporting media
for teaching math and science. This curriculum will use Squeak as its media,
and will be highly interactive and constructive. Kay’s deep interests in
children and education have been the catalysts for many of his ideas over the
years.
"""

I love him.

It's also interesting to see GUIs with windows, mouse (etc.), which apparently
find their origin in is mind, probably comes from the desire to introduce
computers to children.

Francis Girard