- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 15:15:03 EST 2005

In message <gjA3VcsQFQECFw0m at objmedia.demon.co.uk>, Stephen Kellett
<snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk> writes
>In message <1108409476.874751.16600 at l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, Pat
><pobrien at orbtech.com> writes
>>if I have both versions of Python installed - 2.3.5 and 2.4?  Is there
>>an easy way to detect this and switch between the two dlls?
>
>Easy? Depends what you call easy.
>
>a) You just need to detect if pythonNN.dll is implicitly linked to
>msvcrt.dll or msvcrXX.dll (where XX indicates a VS studio number,
>currently XX can only be 71, but if Python is done for Visual Studio
>2005 (8.0) then XX may also have a value of 80).

I should have also mentioned that if you don't know how to do get the
list of imported DLLs you can grab the source code for the PE Explorer
DLL from:

http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/freeSoftware/peFileDLL.html

If you want to see how to use this DLL you can also grab:

http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/freeSoftware/peFileExplorer.html

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett