- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sat Feb 19 05:58:21 EST 2005

A.B., Khalid wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
>>The first step is to make a pyMinGW project.
>
> You are mistaken. The first steps are the following:
[...] - (nonrelevant comments)

> 3) Realizing that there _is_ already a project called pyMinGW! That it
> does not fit your requirements-- whatever these maybe-- is an
> altogether different issue. The fact of the matter remains that a
> project _does_ exist, one which people (including myself) do in fact
> use; and because it does exist there is no reason to "make" it.
[...]

I've already understood your viewpoint.

I've realized, that there is a single-person-centric project
"pyMinGW" which does not encourage collaboration (due to missing public
resources like mailinglist).

My requirements about an open-source project (or sub-project) are very
simple:
   a communication resource,
   a code-repository,
   an issue-tracking-system.

I've suggested you to transform your personal project to a collaborative
project, starting with an dedicated mailinglist etc.:

"
thank you for your comments.

I will express my suggestion more practically

   * as a first step, I would setup a pyMinGW mailinglist
     * intrested people can come together an communicate
   * as a second step, I would setup an SVN
     * intrested projects could get your patch via SVN
   * as a third step, I would find intrested contributors
     * which would help testing
     * which would help you with coding

All this could happen without (or with very low) efforts for you.
"

-

You have the right to refuse this.

I (and any other reader) have the right to derive our conclusions about
you and the reasons that you refuse a _real_ collaborative work.

.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com