Probel with socket "recv" function on Win2000

Guy Machlev (gmachlev) gmachlev at cisco.com
Sun Feb 13 08:44:53 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with the socket recv() function while using it on
win-2000, the problem accrue while receiving data from socket in a
constant format (e.g. 1Byte then 4Bytes and then number of bytes
according to the previous 4Bytes number), this receiving action "fail"
after a bout ~120Kbytes of data the, actually the phenomena that accrue
after reading this amount of data is a kind of data skipping which mean
that the next recv is reading data start from ~121Kbytes I am losing
data between the 120 and 121, this phenomena is consistently happened
exactly at the same data point. I have tried to run the same script on
Linux and there it went perfect.

anyone has any idea way it happened ?

thanks

Guy.