controlling a qbasic program on a windows98 or example of rs-232 commanded through python

serpent17 at gmail.com serpent17 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:57:33 EST 2005

Hello,

Can python be installed on a win98 system ? if so, how do I control a
qbasic program from python ?

the qbasic program controls input to an RS-232 so I am enclined to
follow the win98 system + qbasic route in order to be quick, or I guess
the question could be, can I control a device through rs-232 from a
newer version of windows using python (actually for the last part of
the question I know this is feasible, but I 'd like to see an example,
any pointers ?)

Thanks for any insight,

Jake.