OT: why are LAMP sites slow?

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Thu Feb 3 18:34:51 EST 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:00:30 -0800, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Hmm, I'm not familiar with Nevow.  Twisted is pretty neat, though
> confusing.  I don't see how to scale it to multiple servers though.

Same way you'd scale any webserver, load balancing in hardware, store all
user state in a database, and tell the load balancer to try to "persist"
a user's connection to a machine, so Twisted doesn't even have to go back
to the server then?

I'm going to assume you know about this if you deal with large websites
professionally, so I'm curious as to why this is inadequate for your
needs? (If it's too detailed, no answer requested then, but if it's fast
to explain I'm intrigued.)