How do you do arrays

Kartic kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:21:19 EST 2005

Tom - I answered your question even before you posted it!

You have to use iMatrix.append(k) and NOT iMatrix[index] = k.

Also,  what do you expect out of:
while index < majorlop1:
print '- %s %s' % ( iMatrix[index], sep)

This loop will never get executed because your previous loop finishes
due to the same condition index < majorlop1.

I am not sure what book you are using but I don't think it is a very
good one.

>  I would like to set the size of the List/array independent
> of having to intialialize it prior to use.

You can  do the following when you allocate your list.
iMatrix = [''] * size # where size is an integer
and this will give you a list of size empty elements. If you do this,
do not use iMatrix.append(). Use the array notation like you have in
you code currently.

Thanks
-Kartic