wxPython 2.5 - bug in wx.Execute

Andy Leszczynski leszczynscy at nospamyahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 12:27:58 EST 2005

Hi,

I need a help with following problem which is blocking me quite seriously.

I noted some weird behavior on Windows (Python 2.3, wxPython 2.5). The
same code works fine under Linux.

When using “pid = wx.Execute(cmd, wx.EXEC_ASYNC, self.process)” to spawn
new wxPython based GUI program, the GUI does not pop up. I checked that
the process itself is running/alive, the print over the streams get
propagated to the parent process, but no GUI. It only happnes for
wxPython based programs - for e.g. regural python command line programs
it works fine.

It is easy to be replicated using wx Demo by opening Process and
Events/Process.  Then after typing in "python -u demo.py"  nothing happens.

Please help, it really blocks me.  The temporary work around is to use
"cmd /e python -u demo.py", but I lose the unbuffered -u effect.

Thanks,
Andy