Where are list methods documented?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Feb 1 13:46:35 EST 2005

On 2005-02-01, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> [Grant Edwards]
>> I did.  I looked up sort in the library index, and it took me
>> to 3.3.5 Emulating container types,
>
> It doesn't for me.  Here:
>
>     http://docs.python.org/lib/genindex.html#letter-s
>
> There are two entries for "sort":
>
>     sort (IMAP4_stream method)
>     sort (list method)
>
> You're looking for the second one <wink>.

Aargh.  My bad. I was in the language reference index.  I seem
to have a very hard time ending up in the document I'm trying
for.  For some reason, I fairly consistently click on the wrong
link in the document index. :(

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm definitely not
                                  at               in Omaha!