Why doesn't join() call str() on its arguments?

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Thu Feb 17 10:13:36 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:19:44 +1100, news.sydney.pipenetworks.com wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. Let's see how many zen points are for the OP's
> idea vs against

Along with the fact that I agree with Nick that you've seriously
miscounted (most of your "fors" are simply irrelevant and I think you
added them to bolster your point, at least I *hope* you don't think they
are all relevant... for instance if you really think "Flat is better than
nested" applies here, you don't understand what that one is saying...),
I'd point out that the Zen that can be comprehended by checking off items
in a list is not the true Zen.