bytecode obfuscation

Gabriel Cooper gabriel.cooper at mediapulse.com
Fri Feb 4 10:13:40 EST 2005

snacktime wrote:

>Also, I'm curious how much demand their is for this application in the
>Python world.  The application replaces online credit card
>processors(Verisign, Authorizenet) by providing a platform that
>connects directly to the bank networks for credit card processing, and
>also provides other features such as recurring billing, reporting,
>etc..  Everything except the libraries that actually connect to the
>bank networks would be open source, and those libraries aren't
>something that you would even want to touch anyways.

Personally, I would avoid running any software that processed my users'
credit cards that wasn't open source. Not to say I wouldn't use it, but
it would have to come from a known-reliable source with their full
backing to imply the security of their name. e.g. If it was a bytecode
library downloadable directly from bankofamerica.com. The risk of
devious programming is too high to bother. So I pay Verisign or
Authorizenet one cent on the dollar. In exchange, my clients' identities
aren't being stolen.

Hope this help,

Gabriel.