[ANN] mlabwrap v0.9b3

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 19:49:50 EST 2005

I have recently uploaded mlabwrap v0.9b3, a high-level python to matlab(tm)
bridge, you can get it from

<http://mlabwrap.sourceforge.net/>

It should work with recent python >=2.3 and matlab(tm) >=6.0; I've used it
extensively myself but this is the first announcement to a wider public -- so
I'd very much like to hear some feedback (even if it's just "works fine").

Here is a short demo snippet:

    >>> from mlabwrap import mlab
    >>> import Numeric
    >>> mlab.lookfor('singular value')
    GSVD   Generalized Singular Value Decompostion.
    SVD    Singular value decomposition.
    [...]
    >>> help(mlab.svd)
    mlab_command(*args, **kwargs)
     SVD    Singular value decomposition.
        [U,S,V] = SVD(X) produces a diagonal matrix S, of the same
        dimension as X and with nonnegative diagonal elements in
    [...]
    >>> mlab.svd(array([[1,2], [1,3]]))
    array([[ 3.86432845],
          [ 0.25877718]])