site indexer and search script

flupke flupke at nonexistingdomain.com
Thu Feb 17 11:32:35 EST 2005

Hi,

for an old intranet that is still used here, i would like to add a
search function.

I think there migth already be an indexer/search script available in
python. I've googled and come across a few scripts but i'm not sure
which one is really easy and good at the task.
Any good scripts (and easy to configure) around?

I would like to use python to generate the corresponding results page,
what would i use for that, again bearing in mind that it needs to be
done quite quickly so i cannot afford to waste to much time ?

Is mod_python usable for such a simple page generation or would i better
focus on Twisted or CherryPie?

Thanks,
Benedict