pygame.mixer.music not playing

Marian Aldenhövel marian at mba-software.de
Mon Feb 7 00:24:52 EST 2005

Hi,

> Also you can try and look for another sound package, like maybe pyFMOD

I have looked at it. While I do not like some of the boasting on the FMOD
site it does seem very suitable.

FMOD is cross-platform but pyFMOD is available only as Win32-Setup. Does
that mean it cannot be made to work on Linux or is it just not packaged
for it? It looks like your standard DLL-Import-File as known from other
languages and uses ctypes (had to install that first). How hard can it be
to make a version that loads a shared library with the same API on Linux?

To make pyFMOD work with the current version of FMOD I had to fix it in a
few obvious places. After doing so the new version of my micro-program
looks like this:

	import time
	from pyFMOD import *

	res = FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, 0)
	print "FSOUND_Init() =", res

	stream = FSOUND_Stream_Open("file1.mp3",0,0,0)
	print "FSOUND_Stream_Open() =", stream

	res = FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE,stream)
	print "FSOUND_Stream_Play() =", res

	while True:
		print "FSOUND_Stream_GetTime() =", FSOUND_Stream_GetTime(stream)
		time.sleep(1)

And plays fine. Now I need to read up on FMODs API to find out how to
eliminate the "while True;" but that should not be a problem. This would give
me a very rich API with full control.

I am having fun! Thank you all.

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de