generic equivalence partition

Xah Lee xah at xahlee.org
Sat Feb 26 19:06:46 EST 2005

People,

... sorry for the latching on on this broadside issue, but it is
impotant ...

here's are some germane points from another online discussion:

the bug-reporting issue has came up so many times by so many people i
thought i'd make a comment of my view.

when a software is ostensibly incorrect, and if it is likely in
connection to egregious irresponsibility as most software companies are
thru their irresponsible licensing, the thing one should not do is to
fawn up to their ass as in filing a bug report, and that is also the
least effective in correcting the software.

the common attitude of bug-reporting is one reason that contributed to
the tremendous egregious irresponsible fuckups in computer software
industry that each of us have to endure daily all the time. (e.g.
software A clashed, software B can't do this, C can't do that, D i
don't know how to use, E download location currently broken, F i need
to join discussion group to find a work-around, G is all pretty and
dysfunctional... )

when a software is ostensibly incorrect and when the company is
irresponsible with their licensing, the most effective and moral
attitude is to do legal harm to the legal entity. This one an do by
filing a law suit or spreading the fact. Filing a law suit is
appropriate in severe and serious cases, and provided you have such
devotion to the cause. For most cases, we should just spread the fact.
When a company see facts flying about their incompetence or
irresponsibility, they will immediately mend the problem source, or
cease to exist.

Another harm sprang from the fucking bug-reporting attitude rampant
among IT morons is the multiplication of pop-ups that bug users for
bug-reporting, complete with their privacy intrusion legalese.

http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/responsible_license.html

 Xah
 xah at xahlee.org
 http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html