[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Adam DePrince adam at cognitcorp.com
Tue Feb 15 14:20:35 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 13:29, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Ilias Lazaridis <ilias at lazaridis.com> writes:
> >
> >>MinGW compatibility is not my need.
> >
> > Then why do you waste so much effort whining about it not being given
> > to you?
> >
> >>It is an community need.
> >
> > Based on the evidence at hand, this is a false statement.
> >
> >       <mike
>
> MinGW compatibility is not [only] my need.
>
> It is an community need [at least partially]

And herein lies the beauty of the noble meritocratic free software
movement.

If the community needs it, a member of said community has both complete
unfettered freedom and a supportive environment to make it.   Any amount
of success at such an endeavor, even a feeble failure of an attempt,
would bring kudos the hero who attempts such a feat and possibly
organize unfathomable resources in the attendance of such a lofty goal.

Make us proud Ilias.  But whatever you do, don't beg.

Adam DePrince