newbie question on python 2.4 and tkinter

David Joyner joyner.david at comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 23:44:59 EST 2005

Hi:
I'm trying to compile python 2.4 with tkinter.
(I'm trying to write a gui interface which
calls a program called GAP - I'm hoping to use
subprocess, a python 2.4 module, since I was getting
deadlocks using popen).

The instructions at the python web site said basically
to edit the /Modules/Setup file and recompile.
The edits consist of determining with location of various
Tcl/Tk libraries, header files, etc. I was wondering if
anyone could help out with how to determine these.
I have a suse 9.1 box and a new debian laptop, both of which
I would like to configure with python 2.4 and tkinter.
- David Joyner