low-end persistence strategies?

Paul Rubin http
Wed Feb 16 11:23:49 EST 2005

"Michele Simionato" <michele.simionato at gmail.com> writes:
> What about bsddb? On most Unix systems it should be already
> installed and on Windows it comes with the ActiveState distribution
> of Python, so it should fullfill your requirements.

As I understand it, bsddb doesn't expose the underlying Sleepycat API's
for concurrent db updates, nor does it appear to make any attempt at
locking, based on looking at the Python lib doc for it.  There's an
external module called pybsddb that includes this stuff.  Maybe the
stdlib maintainers ought to consider including it, if it's considered
stable enough.