Testing web applications

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 06:17:02 EST 2005

Hi Achim,

> I'm looking for frameworks to make testing web applications - i.e.
> parsing and filling out forms - easier. I found Puffin, which looks good
> but not very usable in the current state. I know that I once read about
> other nice frameworks, but could not find one via google. Any hints?
Zope + Formulator is a nice combination to validating and designing
forms and add some functionality. If you want a more complicated content
management framework, then you can additionally install plain CMF or
Plone, which is based on CMF. There is also something called Silva, but
it doesn't have many products as the other two; however, it is also
nice.

I have heard also about CherryPy, Quixote, Twisted Matrix and Webware,
but I haven't tested them. Once I saw that somebody posted a link, which
compares some of them, but I lost that thread :-(

Regards,
Josef