Commerical graphing packages?

18k11tm001 at sneakemail.com 18k11tm001 at sneakemail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:08:09 EST 2005

>If you're generating lots of graphs programatically, eg. on a web
>server, grace is not what you want.  Yes, it has a command language,
>but IIRC it depends on X11, and windows even pop up as it runs in
>batch mode.  Bleh.

I don't understand what you're talking about. I've been using GRACE in
batch mode for years and I've never had a window pop up. The only time
a window "pops up" is when you start GRACE interactively.

The GRACE command language is not the greatest, but it gets the job
done. It may have improved lately too (I run a fairly old version).

Another nice feature of GRACE is a fairly active user community and a
mailing list for help. They helped get me unstuck several times a while
back.