python2.4 generator expression > python2.3 list expression

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Tue Feb 22 04:00:09 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:55:05 -0800, rumours say that Bryan <belred at gmail.com>
might have written:

[I]

[bryan]
>>>i tried c &= c - 1 but i'm not getting the least significant or
>>>rightmost bit reset to zero.  am i misunderstanding something?

<snip>

[Duncan]
>> The difference between the original "reset the rightmost '1' bit", and your
>> interpretation: "reset the rightmost bit" is the "'1'".
>>
>> The rightmost bit that is set is reset. So 0x10 -> 0, and 0x1010 -> 0x1000.

<snip>

>thanks duncan... you're right, i did intrepret this as "reset the rightmost bit"
>instead of "reset the rightmost '1' bit".  and i must have read what christos
>wrote 100 times!!!

Don't worry, Bryan, I'm probably more to blame, since I have this tendency to
interject parenthesized sub-sentences all over my paragraphs, that probably
confuse more than clarify things ( self.remind(prose is not code) :).

Perhaps I should crosspost my replies (esp. the ones with nested parentheses) to
comp.lang.lisp ...
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.