Nevow examples

Ed Suominen ed-no at spam-eepatents.com
Fri Feb 25 02:08:37 EST 2005

Travis, that's a very nice use of Nevow. I'm going to look into using it for
documenting my own stuff.

Here's another example, my boss's web site, which uses Twisted/Nevow to
implement virtual hosting, dynamic image generation with caching,
dynamically-updated parsing of a site-wide config file that determines
almost all the layout you see, and dynamic mark-up generation with
restructured-text parsing of plain text source files.

http://valuablepatents.com

A static vhost run under the same Twisted/Nevow server is at
http://eepatents.com.

I make new servers by simply adding a DNS entry in BIND and then making a
new directory in /var/www/ with a site.conf file in it if it's dynamic, or
just with static files if it's static, or with a side.mod file if it the
vhost's root resource is generated from a named module imported
from /var/www/_modules/.

I will be providing a release and possibly read-only public access to the
SVN repository for the underlying code soon. It will be distributed under
the LGPL.

---
Ed Suominen
Registered Patent Agent
Open-Source Software Author (yes, both...)
Web Site: http://www.eepatents.com